Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dress Shirt Aprons

Today's post is about these aprons pictured on Pinterest, tutorial to follow:
 

The website this pin links to has several styles of these aprons, (all credit for the idea goes to her) and I liked this one best, so I used that idea on the first apron I made, for my husband. I used a mens' large shirt that he wasn't wearing anymore, turning the use-with-cufflinks-style cuffs into the pockets.
I think they make a great apron style for men; the cut accentuates their wider shoulder and narrower waists.




I also made two for my friend (mens' large) and his 8-year-old daughter (women's medium):














They're really not difficult, and I find them fun to make. I think they take around an hour or two to complete. I made a tutorial for them in another post here.

1 comment:

  1. Love these aprons. Just bringing my sewing room back to life and will def. try these as a break-in project.

    ReplyDelete