Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sweatshirt Bag


 Do you have a favorite sweatshirt that you can't wear anymore?  Wouldn't it be fun to turn it into a bag?  I do! I did!  I got the idea from this pinned link, and again elsewhere.  Mine turned out differently than these; I liked the original idea but I didn't think I would use it as a purse or messenger bag often, so I made mine an athletic-style drawstring bag. 


I sewed up the sides and bottom, and transplanted the drawstring from the hood to the top of the bag. I made the strap from one of the sleeves -- only one strap because I never use athletic bags like backpacks on both shoulders -- and securely attached it to the bag and itself (it was from 2 pieces).


This is my cat, Fritz, enjoying being out on our patio. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment