Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Springtime Grassy Yarn Wreath


      I know, I know, it's definitely not springtime anymore.  The fact is, I've been wanting to make this wreath since March and have been looking for the supplies for this craft for months now.  The pin basically shows you how to make it; it's simple enough to figure out.  Apparently, no one carries yarn that looks exactly like this, and I haven't seen any ribbon with flowers like those either.  In June, my sweet in-laws gave me a Michaels gift card for my birthday, so I was determined to find something to make this work before the end of summer.  It's a very springy wreath, but I think it carries over into summer pretty nicely.

      So I found some yarn that I thought would have a similar effect, and I stumbled across a plastic can of flower confetti (the Brides brand that Michaels has, I just wish they'd had white), I added the flowers using some yellow-tipped quilting pins, and voila!  Here's mine:




No comments:

Post a Comment