Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Bath Apron


    At some point, I saw this pin with a link to an Etsy listing for a pattern for a bathtime apron.  Having given quite a few baths as a babysitter, getting awfully wet in the process more often than not, I realized how great this apron would be.  I'm sure the pattern is great, and especially helpful for anyone intimidated by sewing, but I enjoy the challenge of figuring it out on my own.  I found a lovely soft yellow towel at my favorite thrift store, Savers, on a 50% sale day, and paid just $5 for it!  This is, of course, part of why I don't mind just jumping in to try things -- they are usually pretty low-risk investments. :)  I got some navy blue binding at JoAnn and for my accent fabric, I used a section from a button-up shirt I plan to make into an apron (like these).  It's hard to show you what it looks like since I don't have a cute baby to model with yet, but you get the idea.  I left the length of the towel the way the Etsy seller did, because I figure it'll be helpful to dry off a kiddo and because I quickly found that sewing with terrycloth is kind of a pain.  Best to keep the original seams whenever possible.  


No comments:

Post a Comment