Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Helpful Home Tip

When I spotted this pin on Pinterest, boy, was I kicking myself!  


      We moved into our apartment about two months ago, and from the beginning I was not very fond of the bedroom space that required us to put our bed with the headboard by the window, and I hated that the window was off-center in the room.  I work nights, so I need my bedroom to be seriously dark.  We have morning sunlight on this window, which isn't bad, but I still have a dark brown curtain to block out the light.  In our old place, the window was in the corner and it didn't really matter that the brown curtain didn't add anything to the room.  Here, though, it's front and center visually, so I had to do something about it.  With the inspiration from the photo above, I had my husband redo the curtain rod and fixed it up nicely.


      This is after he changed the curtain rod. It looks slanted, but it's just the angle. The black rod rests on the vertical blind holders that came with the apartment. Thankfully, they were fine with us removing the blinds, because I got tired of my cat running through them right behind our heads when he wanted to look out the window at the crack of dawn.
      Before we changed it, the brown curtain was on the silver rod, slightly above the window, but it only ran the length of the black rod in this shot, so it looked pretty off-center, not to mention dead boring.


      This (above) is essentially what it looked like before (pardon the blurry picture). I have the brown curtain there now to block out more light.  Now, these curtains (below) block out nearly all the light, and are much more visually satisfying.

 The results!


      If you're wondering why our bedding is so eclectic-looking, it's because we're using our warm-weather comforter.  It looks better with our other one, but alas, my husband makes more heat than an electric blanket set on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment