Monday, April 1, 2013

Cereal Box Drawer Organizer

Since we moved, I've been reorganizing our apartment.  It's been especially important for my sanity since we downsized.  This pin offered a great solution (with stuff I already had!) for the messy junk drawer in my kitchen, so I thought I'd give it a try.  


If you're thinking about trying this too, go to the original blogger's post for the step-by-step how-to's: http://www.thestonybrookhouse.com/2012/03/messy-desk.html

Here's my process:
I was already using some little boxes in my junk drawer, so I was able to keep a few and I already knew how they might fit in the drawer.  I recommend pulling the drawer completely out if you're able to, to be able to double-check that your finished product will fit.


Having just moved, there is a plentiful supply of cardboard around.  I used a piece of cardboard on the bottom of my assembled collection of boxes to add support so that it could last longer, being able to function as one whole piece.  Also, lots of duct tape!


I covered it in cute wrapping paper I found on clearance at Target.  This project really can be done in an afternoon; it didn't take long at all for me.

Here it is in use!




In case you're wondering why we have a squirt gun in our junk drawer, it's because we have a cat who can be very bratty.

No comments:

Post a Comment