Wednesday, April 17, 2013

First Home Christmas Ornament

      In 2012, my husband and I enjoyed our first Christmas since we'd been married, and in our first home, an apartment in Mississippi.  In the months leading up to Christmas, I went a little crazy with homemade Christmas ornaments -- actually, it was mostly during the summer, when I was home from work for several weeks with a broken elbow.  One of the ornament ideas that we had a lot of fun doing was salt dough ornaments.  This pin offered the idea of saving the imprint of the key to our first home.  

       Unfortunately, it didn't have a salt dough recipe attached, so I changed the link to this blog post, which is the recipe (albeit much smaller scale) we used.

       We made a fraction of a batch, so this was all it made.  Apparently, I didn't take more photos of the one with our rings imprinted on it, so I'll just tell you that I later labeled it (on the back) "Our First Christmas as Mr & Mrs".  If you make them, don't forget to poke a few holes in unobtrusive places!  If you don't, you can get unsightly darker spots.

 My husband is obsessed with dinosaurs -- see my other post about fruit snacks. :)

We don't have kids, so we used the handprint idea (from the blog post with the recipe) on our cat!

Simple as that! I wrote our address and the year on the back of this ornament.


No comments:

Post a Comment